Dog Friendly Beaches Bournemouth – List
Bournemouth and its surrounding towns are very dog friendly. Many establishments accept dogs.
When it comes to Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole’s 19 miles of golden sandy beaches. Which are the Dog Friendly Beaches Bournemouth?
It goes without saying that Guide Dogs are accepted on all beaches all year round.
Dog Friendly Beaches Bournemouth Map
Take a look at Bournemouth Councils’ beach map. Here you will see which times of year dogs are allowed on Bournemouth Beaches and in what areas.
Read More: Beach Huts for Rent Bournemouth * Beach Huts for Rent Mudeford * Bournemouth Events – Whats on Bournemouth
Are Dogs Allowed on Bournemouth Beach?
From October to April dogs are allowed to walk on all beaches in Bournemouth and surrounding areas.
From May to April dogs are NOT allowed on any Blue Flag beaches or Seaside Award beaches. Read below for a list of beaches and dates dogs are allowed on.
See Also: Bournemouth Beach Sharks – 3 Shark Sightings , Bournemouth Seaside – What to Do There , Bournemouth Beach Huts for SALE and HIRE Guide , Bournemouth Beach 101 , Where are the toilets on Bournemouth Beach? Bournemouth Beach Toilet Map
All dogs must be kept on leads on the promenades, piers, zig-zags and footpaths. The council will issue you with a hefty fine if this is not adhered to.
The following beaches are dog friendly all year round.
Dog Friendly Beaches Bournemouth
- Alum Chine Beach Office to Branksome Dene Chine, Poole
- Middle Chine to Durley Chine
- East of Fisherman’s Walk beach to Southbourne
Dog Friendly Beaches Christchurch
- Mudeford Sandbank
- Avon Beach
- Mudeford Beach and Quay
- Gundimore Beach
- Friars Cliff Beach (only between the wave wall and Groyne H4 at Highcliffe Beach)
- Highcliffe Beach (no dogs between groynes H4 and H8 from 1 May to 30 September). Free parking from October to April.
- Hengistbury Head – Dogs allowed all year round.
Dog Friendly Beaches Poole
- Eastern side of Branksome Chine beach office to Alum Chine Beach Office, Bournemouth
- The western end of Sandbanks beach to Haven Point by the chain ferry
- Hamworthy beach.